Among the many cheesecakes I have made I seem to make this one a lot. The raspberry jam and chocolate pair so well together and make for a wonderful presentation. Not only does this desert look appealing but it tastes gourmet. (I’ve had someone ask me if this was a bought desert.) This recipe is very easy and consists of basic ingredients. The filling from this recipe can easily be used for any crust or cheesecake variation you are craving (graham cracker crust, cinnamon graham cracker crust, etc…) It’s a very satisfying desert for any occasion.
You will need these ingredients;
Starting with the chocolate cookies.. Take apart the cookies and remove the white fillings from each cookie with a sharp knife.
Take cookie halves and crush in a big ziplock bag with a rolling-pin. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a medium size bowl until you have a crummy sticky texture. You should be able to form into a ball and it shouldn’t fall apart (it shouldn’t feel too grainy and it shouldn’t be too wet and sticky) Pat into a springform pan (preferably 9″ or 10″) and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 8 min; remove and cool.
Beat softened cream cheese and sugar just until combined. Add the sour cream and beat, then add vanilla and eggs one at a time until fully incorporated (do not over mix batter just until incorporated). Batter can get a little lumpy from the sour cream, that’s totally fine, it’s going to bake anyways.
Pour batter into crust. Heat raspberry jam in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and dollop by 1 tsp onto the cheesecake filling; make about 5-7 dollops onto cheesecake. Take a sharp knife and swirl around the dollops. Do not add to much jam because the cheesecake can crack and jam can run into the crust.
Place a small pan in the bottom of the oven filled with about an inch of water.
Bake cheesecake in a 400 degrees F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 200 degrees WITHOUT opening the oven door and bake for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit in oven for 2-4 hours.
Remove from the oven and take a sharp knife run around the rim of the springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
After cheesecake has chilled in the fridge. You can make the chocolate glaze. To make the glaze heat 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour over 4 oz (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips and let sit for a minute. keep stirring until glossy and shiny.
Cut one of the bottom corners off of a ziplock bag and fill with the ganache. Pipe out glaze using back and forth strokes to form a zig zag pattern. Cool in the fridge for at least 10 min before serving. Enjoy!
- 22 chocolate sandwich cookies
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 4 pkgs room temp cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ heaping cup of sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup raspberry preserves
- GANACHE GLAZE:
- ½ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- Remove filling from the cookies using a knife.Transfer cookies into a big ziplock bag and crush with a rolling-pin until finely crushed.
- Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add melted butter and ¼ cup of sugar; mix until combined and pat into a springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes; remove and let cool.
- While crust is cooling, beat cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar until combined; add sour cream and vanilla. Then add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- DO NOT OVER MIX BATTER. Only to incorporate ingredients after each addition.
- Pour into slightly cooled crust.
- Heat jam in the microwave for 20 seconds; stir and dollop onto the cheesecake by tsp. Take a sharp knife and swirl around dollops.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes; then reduce heat to 200 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes WITHOUT OPENING OVEN DOOR.
- Turn off oven and let sit in the oven for 2-4 hours. Remove and run sharp knife around the rim of the pan.
- You can glaze cheesecake 20 minutes before serving or after the cheesecake has cooled in the oven.
- To glaze cheesecake; heat ¼ cup of heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute; pour over ½ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until glossy.
- Cut one corner off of the bottom of a ziplock bag. Pour glaze in bag and pipe out making zig zag strokes. Let cheesecake chill. ENJOY!