This Fluffy French Toast from allrecipes.com is a keeper recipe. Don’t feel like making a batch in the early morning? This makes a great make-ahead breakfast! This Fluffy french toast has over 2,000 reviews on allrecipes.com. Even my 7 year old daughter noticed a difference between a different french toast recipe that I previously made. I’ve tried a flourless recipe that didn’t result in as good of results, as this one.
And if that wasn’t enough of a gesture, this makes a great MAKE-AHEAD breakfast. You can make these the night before, leave them covered at room temperature and just re-heat them in the morning using (a toaster) oven with as good of results–served hot without all the (in the) making preparations.
Do give these a try!
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP sugar
- dash salt
- 1 (1lb 6 oz) loaf of Freihofer's French Toast (extra thick slices)
- Pre-heat skillet over med-low heat.
- Place flour into a bowl and slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients (eggs, cinnamon, sugar and salt.)
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture for about 2 seconds on each side. Fry in a pre-heated (med-low) skillet in 3-5 tbsp of oil until lightly browned (about 2-3 min on each side.)
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Make the night before and store in a bag at room temperature. Heat up in a 400° toaster oven (or pre-heated conventional oven) for 7 minutes.
(Note: I did very slightly alter the original recipe.)