Save time on meal prepping by making precooked, brined and grilled breasts for the freezer. Just thaw and add to meals.
If you have been fond of using precooked meat for prepping meals than you should try this recipe. This is a great way to use up meat and have it prepped for future meals.
After you make the brine use a food injector to inject some of that brine into your chicken that way not only is the chicken soaked in brine but also gets some of that brine inside the meat. I’ve even noticed that some frozen chicken meats are injected with a sodium solution from the grocery stores, so do consider investing in a food injector as I think that helps with the moistness of the meat.
The next time you come across a good deal on chicken breasts stock up and prep some precooked chicken strips for future meals.
- 5 lbs chicken breasts, pounded to about 1" thickness
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 12 peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Place 1 cup of boiling water into a large bowl. Whisk in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Add 3 cups of cold water, peppercorns, garlic and onion powder.
- Place the chicken breasts into the brine and inject meat with brine.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours at room temperature before grilling. Or marinade over night in the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for an hour before grilling.
- TO GRILL: Pre-heat grill to Hi heat. Place room temperature chicken breasts onto heated grill and reduce the heat to medium. Grill each side for 4 minutes or until done.